Saturday, May 1, 2010

At the farm today...

I went to the farm today to think my peaches and check on things. With me being on the road this past few weeks, it's been hard to cover all the bases. Mikki has had her hands full dealing with her Mom's situation, so the farm has been missed. The poodle-boys were beside themselves this morning when I got there. 


Louie followed me every step I went today. He's a rambunctious guy, but sweet as can be. He is Coal's weight-loss program:-)


I had to go cull peaches today. And cull I did! 387 peaches were taken off of three trees. I've never seen peaches that thick. 


I left a peach every six to eight inches on a limb. The limbs were hanging from the weight of the fruit. I'm hoping that we get some sweet ones here in a month or so. Fresh peaches and Blue Bell Vanilla on a hot summer day is hard to beat. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home