Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday Morning at Go Away

The light was just right to highlight Dad's bird-hotel, such as it was. The thing probably weighs 80 pounds:-) There is one thing I can say about my Dad. The weight of things never came into play when he was building something, moving something or creating.


These are the woods the deer ran into this morning. 

If you can look closely, the buck is in the middle of this photo. He never saw me. 

I was rewarded this morning early on my walk. I decided to go to the back pasture instead of my usual walk to the front of the place. As I walked toward the equipment barn I heard a rustling in the youpon mott to my right that was adjacent to the fence line about 10 yards from me. To my surprise, I was rewarded with the beauty of a 8 point buck and a doe. They jumped up and ran into the dense woods of our neighbors. Then, as I walked on to the back to get a glimpse of a pair of cardinals, to my surprise again was another large buck walking down in the pasture next to Tank. Tank didn't seemed the least bit bothered by his company. I decided to stand still and see what he'd do. Then to my utter surprise, he walked over to Johnnie's pasture fence, jumped it gracefully, and walked almost right next to me across the fence. I was no more than 40 feet from him when he sensed that something wasn't right and turned and walked gracefully and cautiously into the same dense woods as the first pair of deer. Wow! That is such an amazing sight to behold. I just wish I had brought my binoculars and Canon D10 with me this morning. I failed you! My camera phone tried to capture it but it was just can't pull it off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home