Sunday, August 19, 2007

God is at work!


Yesterday, we had an appraiser out to the farm to take a look at the place and to give us an update on the value now with the addition of the guest-barn and training facility. The lady that came to the farm had never met us, had never stepped foot on the place and didn't seem to be at all a spiritual person to me. I gave her a short tour of the houses, then the pool house, then walked ahead of her probably 10 steps out to the barn. As I stepped up on the porch of the training center, she said, "Sir, I don't know what's going on here, but God is doing something great!" I was speechless. Here this woman I had never met, and had zero spiritual conversation with, had just confirmed what God is doing with Mikki and me and Go Away Farm. She said, "I'm covered with goose-bumps"... and she was. We entered the conference room and she told me that her brother-in-law was just moved to go to Buena Vista Colorado to buy 80 acres and start up a Pastoral Retreat to help pastors and their wives recover from the burn-out they're experiencing. Well, what she didn't realize is that we were expecting Steve Trafton and his lovely wife Rajan any minute. They have The Hideaway Experience on the rim of the Paladuro Canyon in Amarillo, Texas where they minister to marriages in trouble and pastors that are tired and weary from the journey. When they arrived, we shared what had just happened and they were touched. God works through the unexpected and it is just amazing me every day! The timing of my leaving adplex is no doubt the handi-work of God himself. You couldn't have timed things any better than He did. To God be the glory! We are so blessed to know Him.  As JR Ensey wrote me these words yesterday: "This is what the Lord says: "When seventy years are completed in Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my gracious promise to bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home